- Disable unused preloading on Shopify sites in Chromium < 110. Preloads in Chromium < 110 were unused due to Shopify sending a
Vary: Accept header that confused Chromium < 110.
- Add the
data-instant-vary-accept option to disable preloading on Chromium < 110 for sites sending a
Vary: Accept header. (Shopify sites are automatically opted-in and don’t need to specify it.)
- Preload with high priority (
fetchPriority=high) on mouse/touch interactions.
- Fix cross-origin preloading in Chromium (using the non-standard
as=document, which might eventually disappear from Chromium).
- Disable (non-working) cross-origin on non-Chromium browsers.
- Comments in the source code now cover almost everything I know about
prefetch and instant.page’s logic.
- Fix the error “event.target.closest is not a function” that would sometimes trigger in the mouseover event
- Make triggering clicks on mousedown opt-in.
- Fix the detection of opening a new tab when triggering the click on mousedown.
- Triggers the click on mousedown.
- Fix a bug in Firefox for Android that was making the script error out.
- Option to preload every visible links.
- Doesn’t preload links already preloaded.
- Allow it to run on 2G/data saver.
- Links that you stop touching or hovering over don’t have their preloading request aborted anymore.
- The script is now minified.
- Option to preload on mousedown.
- Option to set a custom delay before preloading on hover.
1.3.0 & 1.3.1
- Whitelist mode.
- Easier to use test suite (options are in the page itself rather than being undocumented command line parameters).
- Don’t preload when data saver is enabled.
- Fix HTTP links not being preloaded.
- Preload external urls if a
data-instant-allow-external-links attribute is present in the
<body>, or with a
data-instant attribute on the
- Only preload HTTPS links, and HTTP if not on HTTPS.
- Fix an error on
<a> elements without a
- Add ability to whitelist a link with a