5.2.0 — March 21, 2023
- Disable unused preloading on Shopify sites in Chromium < 110. Preloads in Chromium < 110 were unused due to Shopify sending a
Vary: Accept header that confused Chromium < 110.
- Add the
data-instant-vary-accept option to disable preloading on Chromium < 110 for sites sending a
Vary: Accept header. (Shopify sites are automatically opted-in and don’t need to specify it.)
- Preload with high priority (
fetchPriority=high) on mouse/touch interactions.
- Fix cross-origin preloading in Chromium (using the non-standard
as=document, which might eventually disappear from Chromium).
- Disable (non-working) cross-origin on non-Chromium browsers.
- Comments in the source code now cover almost everything I know about prefetch and instant.page’s logic.
5.1.1 — July 1, 2022
- Fix the error “event.target.closest is not a function” that would sometimes trigger in the mouseover event
5.1.0 — May 27, 2020
- Make triggering clicks on mousedown opt-in.
5.0.1 — May 16, 2020
- Fix the detection of opening a new tab when triggering the click on mousedown.
5.0.0 — May 16, 2020
- Triggers the click on mousedown.
- Fix a bug in Firefox for Android that was making the script error out.
3.0.0 — October 26, 2019
- Option to preload every visible links.
- Doesn’t preload links already preloaded.
- Allow it to run on 2G/data saver.
- Links that you stop touching or hovering over don’t have their preloading request aborted anymore.
2.0.1 — October 11, 2019
- The script is now minified.
2.0.0 — August 17, 2019
- Option to preload on mousedown.
- Option to set a custom delay before preloading on hover.
1.3.0 & 1.3.1 — August 16, 2019
- Whitelist mode.
- Easier to use test suite (options are in the page itself rather than being undocumented command line parameters).
1.2.2 — March 16, 2019
- Don’t preload when data saver is enabled.
1.2.1 — February 26, 2019
- Fix HTTP links not being preloaded.
1.2.0 — February 23, 2019
- Preload external urls if a
data-instant-allow-external-links attribute is present in the
<body>, or with a
data-instant attribute on the
- Only preload HTTPS links, and HTTP if not on HTTPS.
1.1.1 — February 23, 2019
- Fix an error on
<a> elements without a
1.1.0 — February 10, 2019
- Add ability to whitelist a link with a
1.0.0 — February 7, 2019
<script src="//instant.page/5.2.0" type="module" integrity="sha384-jnZyxPjiipYXnSU0ygqeac2q7CVYMbh84q0uHVRRxEtvFPiQYbXWUorga2aqZJ0z"></script>